Directions to/from the conference venue, Casa dell’Aviatore guesthous and social dinner venue.
To reach the conference venue:
- by train: (recommended): The best option is to take the no-stop train “Leonardo Express” to Termini station (travel time: about 30 minutes). From Termini follow the instructions below. The train timetable and fares can be found on the TRENITALIA website .
Notice: the trains from Termini to Fiumicino Airport leave from tracks 23 and 24, which are far on the right from the main entrance of the station. Allow an extra 10 minutes to get there.
- by taxi: The official fixed rate (all included) from Fiumicino airport to any destination within the ancient Roman walls (Mura Aureliane), included La Sapienza campus, is 48 euros. The ride to La Sapienza campus takes about 50 minutes.
- by bus: A service operated by TERRAVISION connects Fiumicino with Termini station. Journey time is 55 mins and ticket is 4 euros.
- by bus (recommended): Connections to Termini station (in about 30-40 minutes) are guaranteed by the bus services operated by ATRAL , COTRAL , SIT and TERRAVISION companies. The fare is about 5 euros. From Termini follow the instructions below.
- by taxi: the official fixed rate (all included) from Ciampino airport to any destination within the ancient Roman walls (Mura Aureliane), included La Sapienza campus, is 30 euros. The ride to La Sapienza campus takes about 30 minutes.
From Termini Train Station:
From Termini station to the campus is a 15 minutes’ walk. Leave the station through the right side exit (Via Marsala), and follow these directions. Alternatively take one of the taxi cabs lining outside the front entrance of the station.
Via Public Transportation:
Subway: Take the Line B and stop at Castro Pretorio. From there to the CNR headquarters is a 10 minutes’ walk, see directions.
Bus: Several bus lines stops in the streets around the perimeter of the CNR headquarters. The ticket price for a single journey is 1,50 euros and they need to be purchased in advance. To plan your trip visit the ATAC website.
Public train network: http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html
Fiumicino airport: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-fiumicino
Ciampino airport: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-ciampino
Bus and subway public network: http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?lingua=ENG
How to reach CNR from Termini rail station: